Last time around I had a lot of requests for what exactly I was looking for in feedback, and frankly, I myself didn’t know. So this time around I actually have a list 🙂 Feel free to answer all or none of these–they’re just suggestions to get you started.
- How does the story make you feel?
- Does anything not make sense?
- Does the story seem consistent with your view of God?
- Were the characters relatable?
- Do the characters seem to act/talk/think consistently throughout the story?
- Have I explained everything, i.e., are there any loose ends?
- Does the dialogue sound right? Is there a better way to say something than I’ve said it?
- Were there any places where you could’t tell who was speaking?
- Are there any reactions (e.g., smiling, nodding, etc.) that seem overused?
- Were the characters’ emotions shown clearly (vs. being told how they feel)?
- Does anything stick out as being out of place?
- Are there any words or phrases overused?
- Does anything seem inconsistent with the Bible?
Spelling, grammar, typos, punctuation: Please note anything of that nature that you notice.